1958: Willa Boysworth, former Fulbright Scholar, joins CFJC staff as Head Librarian and later Director of Library Services.
1958, August 8: Florida Statutes became the first official CFJC Library books cataloged. First Library collection consisted of 350 books.
1958-1963: First Library in Administration Building (though not in the original construction plans).
1962: Broke ground on Building 3 (literally the third building on campus).
1962: Dedication ceremony with Governor Bryant giving speech on October 12 at 2:30 p.m.
1963: Second Fulbright Scholar, and former American Library Association President, Dr. Frances Spain joins college staff as Director of Library Services.
1966: Hampton Junior College Librarian, Willie Mae Cochran, joins CFJC library staff when colleges merge.
1966-1967: Conversion of call numbers from Dewey Decimal to Library of Congress classification system completed.
1968: Automated check-out system the Sysdac III introduced.
1971, July 1: John Hulton, graduate of Harvard and Columbia Universities, becomes Library Director until his retirement in December 1987.
1973: Second story (for faculty offices, classrooms and the Media Services area) added to Building 3.
Mid-1980s: Citrus campus Library/Joint Use facility with Lecanto High School established.
Mid-1980s: Scott Brown Wisdom Traditions and the Hartigan Equine Special Collections are established.
1988: Automation process begins with the catalog record cleanup project.
1989: College Center for Library Automation is established to run LINCC (Library Information Network for Community Colleges) the community college statewide online catalog.
Early 1990s: CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature) and Infotrac become first automated (non-print) periodical indexes at the CF Library.
1993: Another renovation is complete. The 1st floor reading room (and the book collection) is moved to the second floor and the “Skills Lab” (now the Learning Support Center Lab) moves into the new addition.
1994, March: CF’s LINCC catalog goes “live.”
1995, April: Said “good-bye” to the card catalog.
1997: LIS1002 Introduction to Internet Research (now LIS2004 online) taught by librarians for the first time.
Early-2000s: Internet-based LINCCWeb replaces original LINCC stand alone stations.
2001, September: Joanne Bellovin joins staff as new Library Director and later Dean of Learning Resources (encompassing the Library, several campus labs including the Learning Support Center lab, Distance Learning and the Professional Development office).
2004: Building 3 named in honor of Congressman Clifford B. Stearns.
2010: Today’s Library collection consists of: 67000 books, 30,000+ eBooks, 7000 videos/DVDs and 103 LINCCWeb databases indexing 45,212 periodical titles.
All facts and dates gleaned from oral histories of the library, college newspaper articles (Patriot Press and Campus Traveler) and CF college catalogs.